This job is no longer available
We have an immediate opening for a position within the Content Development and Acquisitions (CDA) Department for a Content Development Associate for English-language legal content development. Reporting to the Manager, Content Development and Acquisition, this position will include the following key responsibilities:
As the Content Development Associate your key roles and responsibilities will include:
- Develop new English-language legal content assets required for various product lines, including LexisNexis Canada’s Butterworths® print, eBooks, and the Quicklaw™ online research service
- Assess financial viability of new content proposals to determine whether they should be pursued
- Draft and negotiate publishing contracts
- Oversee manuscript delivery to ensure timely delivery of manuscript to meet budgeted targets
- Re-development of content for analytical LexisNexis Canada Loose-leaf publications
- Work with Marketing and Sales departments to build “go-to-market” strategies
- Build and maintain good public relations with the legal community, including practitioners, academics, members of the judiciary, librarians, market research contacts, and other external customers
- LL.B. or J.D.
- At least 1 year’s practice/articling or legal publishing experience
What we are looking for in you:
- Strong relationship-building skills and keen attention to detail.
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and negotiation skills
- Computer and presentation software (e.g., PowerPoint®) skills required
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of cross-departmental project teams
Competitive salary plus comprehensive benefits package to include:
- Pension Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Vacation Days
- Paid Personal Leave Days
- Paid Stat Holidays
- Two Paid Volunteer Days
- Summer Hours
LexisNexis® is a leading global provider of content-enabled workflow solutions designed specifically for professionals in the legal, risk management, corporate, government, law enforcement, accounting and academic markets. LexisNexis originally pioneered online information with its Lexis® and Nexis® services. A member of Reed Elsevier [NYSE: ENL; NYSE: RUK], LexisNexis serves customers in more than 100 countries with 18,000 employees worldwide.
In Canada, LexisNexis serves professionals in law firms, corporations, government and academic institutions, providing them with total solutions that serve professionals’ changing needs and help them achieve excellence.