Co-operators Life Insurance Company is seeking a legal Counsel to join its corporate/regulatory team in Burlington, Ontario.
Reporting to the Vice President & General Counsel (Corporate/Regulatory), you will be a member of a team of business-oriented lawyers supporting all aspects of insurance operations. The successful candidate will be involved in a wide range of legal matters including: negotiating, reviewing and drafting a variety of commercial agreements; providing legal advice and assistance to business and support units with a focus on individual, group and creditor life and accident & sickness products, distribution, marketing and regulatory compliance; and handling projects of suitable magnitude, importance and difficulty with minimal supervision, including maintaining relationships with business and support units and keeping significant projects on schedule.
- Law Degree (JD or LLB) and membership in good standing of the Bar (any Canadian province or territory)
- 2 to 5 years corporate/commercial law experience
- Insurance company or federal financial institution experience would be an asset
- Orientation to detail and excellent verbal, written, interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office, especially Word and PowerPoint applications
- Flexibility/ability to adjust to multiple demands and shifting priorities
- Out of province travel required from time to time
- A full time position with one the 50 Best Employers In Canada
- Career development including education opportunities, continuous training and career planning
- Flexible schedules to manage work/life commitments including personal days off
- Commitment to staff wellness including a comprehensive employee assistance program
- A generous compensation package including a competitive salary, a pension and benefits program ranked in the Top 30 in Canada, share purchase and employee incentive programs, paid vacation
- Opportunity to give back to your community through a directed donations program and paid volunteer days
If you are interested in a career with The Co-operators, please visit http://careers.cooperators.ca by October 31, 2013 to submit your application. Want to learn more or have questions about this opportunity, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org