This job is no longer available
JUNIOR LEGAL COUNSEL
Metrolinx is an agency of the Government of Ontario and oversees GO Transit, PRESTO and the Union Pearson Express. Our goal is to create a transportation network that enhances the prosperity, sustainability and quality of life for the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area. Join us as we work together to transform the way the region moves.
Metrolinx is seeking an experienced lawyer to join its growing team of legal professionals and help keep up with an increasing volume of legal work. Reporting to the Vice President, General Counsel & Corporate Secretary, the successful candidate will be responsible for a variety of corporate / commercial matters, which would include:
- Supporting complex infrastructure projects;
- Instructing and overseeing external counsel on litigation and transaction matters;
- Drafting numerous commercial contracts including operating agreements with other owners and operators of rail corridors, partnership and joint venture agreements with other Provincial agencies and with transit operators, and procurement and technology agreements; and
- Supporting the General Counsel with Board of Directors meetings.
Location: 97 Front Street West, Toronto
- Strong academic credentials, including membership in good standing as a Lawyer, in the Law Society of Upper Canada;
- Up to five (5) years of corporate/commercial experience gained at a reputable law firm and/or in-house legal group;
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a challenging, fast-paced, team environment;
- Strong negotiation, interpersonal, and communication (both oral and written) skills.
Candidates must apply online via the Metrolinx Careers page: http://www.metrolinx.com/en/aboutus/careers/current_opportunities.aspx no later than September 2, 2013, quoting File Number 13-337.
Please note that applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. Accommodation will be provided throughout the hiring process, as required. Applicants must make their needs known in advance.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER