This job is no longer available
President’s Choice Bank is a wholly owned indirect subsidiary of Loblaw Companies Limited and was established to promote President’s Choice Financial services offered by strategic partners in all regions of Canada. President’s Choice Financial has grown to over 3 million customers while saving these customers millions in bank fees and earning them millions in better interest rates, free groceries and other rewards. It operates in the following segments:
- The President’s Choice Financial MasterCard is offered and operated by President’s Choice Bank.
- Core Banking: Through a venture with CIBC, complete banking services to individuals is offered through 200 in store pavilions, internet and telephone banking.
- Home and auto insurance, travel and pet insurance are offered through affiliate and relationships with several insurance companies.
- PC Points: All PCF customers have the opportunity to earn PC Points that can be redeemed in all LCL stores.
PCF’s vision is to provide superior value financial products to consumers. The business strategy is to treat each customer as a unique individual, meeting their needs with end-to-end solutions, and engaging and energizing employees to serve them, while maximizing overall profitability. PCF offers consumers meaningful advantages in product value, product selection and a loyalty program.
PCF is an important business unit within LCL that manages and develops the products and service programs in order to improve the customer experience, maximize value, and provide a platform to enhance customer insights and relationships. PCF is responsible for building market competitive, differentiated and innovative financial services products and services designed to build deeper customer relationships by meeting customer needs and supporting our key enterprise strategies.
We are currently looking for a dynamic and energetic Law Clerk, to join our Legal team. Possessing superior organizational skills, the Law Clerk, must be able to take on a variety of tasks: many times from conception to completion. A role that will have a high level accountability, our ideal candidate will possess initiative and the capability to work with a variety of stakeholders.
Key responsibilities include:
- Prepare and complete corporate and business filings
- Provide administrative support to the legal department, including filing, coordinating schedules for meetings and preparing materials required
- Assist the privacy officer with privacy inquiries and manage and maintain the tracking reports
- Manage and maintain the precedents database
- Manage contract initiation process
To be successful in this role:
You should possess a Law Clerk Certificate/Diploma from a recognized institution and have a minimum of three years experience within a Corporate Legal or Compliance Department of a major corporation or financial institution or within a law firm. You must also have:
- Solid experience managing corporate and business filings
- Demonstrated ability to provide administrative support to legal counsel, including filing skills
- Experience drafting correspondence
- Ability to manage and maintain databases and tracking reports
- Advanced computer skills, including MS Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- bility and desire to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- bility to think, take initiative, act independently and use sound judgment
- bility to work in a team when required
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills and strong attention to detail
- Previous experience managing many projects and priorities simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to work with sensitive and confidential information
- Good appreciation for servicing a business and its needs
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic
Come and join a winning team who demonstrates innovation, energy, creativity, vision, values and fun!
We recognize the importance of a diverse workforce and we therefore encourage applications from Aboriginal Peoples, women, members of a visible minority and persons with a disability.
We thank applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.