Vice President, Legal Affairs
Vice President, Legal affairs
Autodata Solutions, Inc., (www.autodata.net) a subsidiary of Internet Brands, Inc., is a consulting, technology services and business process outsource, company dedicated to the automotive industry. Founded in 1990, it is Autodata’s mission to provide solutions that increase the effectiveness of the automotive sales chain by providing innovative technology solutions to all industry participants from the auto manufacturers, vehicle dealers, 3rd-party service providers as well as automobile consumers. Through its 50% interest in Chrome Data Solutions (www.chromedata.com) , Autodata provides automotive content, competitive research, vehicle configuration data & tools and other related services to the NA auto industry.
Are you up to the challenge?
We are currently seeking a Vice President, Legal Affairs to be a key player in the Company’s growth strategy. The position will report directly to the CEO of Autodata at Autodata’s London, Ontario headquarters and will be responsible for the legal affairs of both Autodata Solutions and Chrome Data. The position will also work closely with the EVP-Corporate Development and General Counsel at Internet Brands.
Key elements of the position:
- Provide project leadership for corporate acquisitions and commercial partnerships, including evaluation stage discussions, negotiation of key business and legal terms, diligence, definitive agreements and closing.
- Manage the legal department to efficiently deliver legal services to the business such as contract review and negotiation etc.
- Provide practical advice and support to senior management on business and legal strategy, risk management and US and Canadian employment law.
- Function as a full member of the senior management team, collaborating with business leaders to provide effective business and legal solutions and contributing to the Company’s growth at a senior level.
- 10+ years of legal experience in a sophisticated transactional practice setting, including experience with U.S. mergers and acquisitions.
- Degree from accredited U.S. law school a plus
- Experience with automotive or software industries given priority
- Strong subject matter expertise in multiple legal areas, including U.S. intellectual property, mergers and acquisitions, commercial partnerships.
- Excellent business judgment, team management and communication and interpersonal skills that result in the ability to work effectively and efficiently with executive management, a sophisticated customer base and business partners.
- Superior analytic and writing skills.
- In-house experience is strongly preferred