Do you want to work in an exciting, fast-paced, progressive environment? Lancaster House is Canada’s leading provider of conferences, information and analysis on labour, human rights and employment law. Our aim is to make a significant positive contribution to labour relations and the quality of Canadian work life. A dynamic and innovative company, Lancaster House provides its industry-leading information services in a variety of formats: on-line and in print, through audio conferences, live panels, and full-day hands-on skills training workshops. Our seminars are attended by lawyers, union representatives, human resources professionals, academics, and adjudicators across Canada.
We are currently seeking an Editorial Assistant to assist in the formatting, production, and editing of various newsletters, books, conference materials, and e-bulletins.
• Legal Secretary designation
• Ability to multi-task efficiently and accurately
• Tact and professionalism
• Attention to detail
• Familiarity with legal terms and basic legal procedure
• Strong work ethic
• Problem-solving and independent reasoning
• Impeccable grammar, spelling, and proofreading ability, with an in-house style to maintain
• Ability to adapt to shifting priorities and revised timelines, redirecting energy quickly, without losing sight of daily priorities
• Advance knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel) and Adobe Acrobat
• A working knowledge of Microsoft Access
• Familiarity with Quicklaw, Canlii, and Court websites
• At least 2 years secretarial or administrative experience
• Minimum typing speed of 100wpm
• Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar
Please email your cover letter and resume to Kristina Mark at email@example.com. The deadline for applications is April 5, 2013. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Salary for the position is $43,000, plus industry leading benefits and holidays.