Corporate Solicitor – Part Time (2 days per week)
hyperWALLET Systems Inc. is a global software and payments services provider. We provide a variety of payment solutions including online and mobile payments, cross-border payments, prepaid cards, a payment platform that can be licensed to enterprise-level organizations, as well as a consumer product for Canadians.
hyperWALLET is looking for a seasoned Corporate Solicitor to join this fast growing company on a part-time basis. The Corporate Solicitor will support the company’s general counsel in providing legal advice on contracts, corporate matters, IP (patent and TM) matters and regulatory matters.
· Ensure operational compliance with money service business regulations and anti-money laundering regulations in Canada and international jurisdictions
· Advise on corporate matters
· Write, review and edit legal documents including contracts, policies and procedures
· Anticipate and guard against legal risks facing the company
· Monitor and update the management with regards to new business laws and regulations
· Advise the management on labour relations, tax issues, employment, etc.
· Law School degree and 3+ years of corporate/commercial law experience in a Commonwealth country and/or the United States
· Registered with the Law Society of BC
· Working knowledge of trademark, patent and other intellectual property law
· A background in financial services regulations and anti-money laundering is a plus
· Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management and external parties
· Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills as well as presentation skills
· Creative thinker and problem solver
· Likes to have fun!
**This position is 16 hours per week with flexible hours from Monday to Friday during normal hours – perfect for parents seeking a great work-life balance.
To apply, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “PT Corporate Solicitor.”
hyperWALLET Systems Inc. would like to thank all applicants for submitting their resume; however, only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
More jobs like this
- Part Time Lawyer (In House Counsel) Commercial Law jobs in Vancouver
- Part Time Lawyer (In House Counsel) Corporate Law jobs in Vancouver
- Part Time Lawyer (In House Counsel) Intellectual Property jobs in Vancouver
- Part Time Lawyer (In House Counsel) International Business Law jobs in Vancouver
- Part Time Lawyer (In House Counsel) Tax Law jobs in Vancouver