This job is no longer available
ADM, Policy and Dispute Resolution Services Division
Are you looking for an opportunity to play a significant leadership role in the Ontario Public Service? Consider this position as the next step in your executive career progression.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this position, you will:
- Lead the strategic direction for the development of policy and legislation in the areas of: labour-management relations, workplace safety and insurance, occupational health and safety, employment standards and pay equity.
- Lead the provision of labour-management dispute resolution services such as mediation, conciliation, arbitration and collective bargaining information services to employers and trade unions in Ontario.
- Provide strategic advice on policy and labour relations to the Minister and Deputy Minister.
- Contribute to strategic planning, issues management and capacity building as an executive team member with the Ministry of Labour.
Location: 400 University Avenue, Toronto, Ontario
How do I qualify?
- You can lead diverse teams to work collaboratively and achieve outcomes in a complex policy environment.
- You can develop and maintain effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders such as other ministries (internal) and the broader public service, labour and business communities (external).
- You are strategic in your planning and can develop long-term strategies to promote labour stability.
- You are experienced in promoting continuous improvement and building organizational capacity to deliver services in a changing environment.
- You have expert knowledge of and experience working in the field of labour relations.
- You have expert knowledge of the policy development process.
- You have experience identifying and managing risks and issues.
- You have superior communication and negotiation skills.
Salary range: $146,700.00 – $167,650.00 per annum
Please apply online, by February 6, 2013, by visiting www.ontario.ca/careers and entering Job ID 50345 in the Job ID search field. Please follow the instructions to submit your application online. Faxes are not being accepted at this time. If you need employment accommodation, contact the Executive Talent Search Unit at email@example.com. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code.