This job is no longer available
Position code: General Counsel
Infrastructure Ontario (IO) is a crown corporation that plays a critical role in supporting the Ontario government to modernize and maximize the value of public infrastructure and real estate, manage government facilities, and finance the renewal of the province’s public infrastructure. IO is known for its collegiality, challenging and professional work environment, and performance-based culture.
Reporting to the EVP & Group Head, Transaction Structuring and Corporate Development, we are currently looking for a General Counsel to provide leadership and high-quality legal advice, guidance and services to senior executives and business units in all five lines of business in support of corporate and business objectives.
The General Counsel will support project groups from a legal standpoint in delivery of projects. The incumbent will also manage legal matters and provide support on legal issues pertaining to large, innovative, complex alternative financing projects assigned to IO to minimize legal risks associated with project implementation as well as developing legal strategies for situations involving litigation matters and/or mediate resolution of disputes.
You must possess:
· a University degree in Law (LLB);
· membership in good standing with the Law Society of Upper Canada and good knowledge of legislation applicable to Infrastructure Ontario;
· progressive senior leadership experience, including practicing as a lawyer in areas such as corporate, commercial or contract law, investment banking, real estate, and/or litigation;
· the ability to understand business issues quickly and to exercise good judgment in providing practical and constructive legal advice in a timely manner; and
· ability to work effectively at all levels in an organization and to present complex legal issues clearly in a manner that can be understood by non-legal clients.
At IO you will find a collegial, challenging, and professional work environment. If you are interested in this opportunity and meet the above requirements, forward your resume by January 11, 2013 to email@example.com and reference “General Counsel” in the subject line.
To learn more about the role of General Counsel , our culture, and work environment, visit http://www.infrastructureontario.ca/templates/JoinOurTeam.aspx.