This job is no longer available
Is this You?
Corporate Counsel - Contract
North York, Toronto, Ontario
Just Energy, a leading North American energy retailer is looking for a corporate/commercial lawyer to join its legal team supporting its National Home Services division in Toronto, Ontario, for a 1-year contract (maternity leave). We require an attorney with 3 to 5 years of legal experience, preferably with related corporate, commercial, and consumer protection law experience. The lawyer will work in a challenging environment, playing a key role in providing legal and business advice on key decisions and the implementation of the company’s strategic objectives.
YouTube:Learn more about what people have to say about working with Just Energy: http://bit.ly/TEvLKI.
Is Just Energy Group the place for you?
Just Energy Group is a leader in the energy sector offering green energy, retail and commercial energy, and home services solutions. Our brands include Amigo Energy, Commerce Energy, Hudson Energy, Hudson Energy Solar, Just Energy, Momentis, National Home Services, Tara Energy, and Terra Grain Fuels. We are expanding in US, Canada, and the UK. We value integrity, innovation, customer-centricity, responsibility, enrichment, and excellence.
Energy, Opportunity, and Growth are core to your way of being and are essential to succeed with us.
- You have the Energy to commit to going ‘above and beyond’ on everything you do, it is not the exception. You create success and deliver exceptional results. You expect that hard work is required to do great things.
- You seek Opportunity. You focus on solutions, not problems. You are naturally inquisitive and business focused. You thrive working with diverse teams, and you are deeply committed to our collective success.
- Your Growth is about what you and your team accomplish together, and is limited only by your energy and the opportunity you seek. You thrive on diversity in your work, on learning, and helping others learn as well. You effectively manage multiple tasks or projects on time, and you help your team to do the same.
Learn about the Energy, Opportunity, and Growth of working at Just Energy: http://bit.ly/TEyC6z
Your key accountabilities:
- Collaborating with internal business groups to navigate the legal requirements related to new and existing market expansion and development
- Drafting, reviewing and editing business documentation such as contracts, marketing materials, commercial agreements and documents with respect to acquisitions as required
- Preparing legal briefs on topics related to issues that impact the company’s business, with thorough analysis and recommendations on mitigating activities that can be taken to prevent legal action against the company
- Assisting internal litigation counsel with matters as they arise
- Contract negotiation and administration, Labor Law, Corporate matters
Your background includes:
- A license to practice law in Ontario
- 3-5 years of corporate/commercial legal experience, preferably with related consumer protection law experience.
- A breadth and depth of technical legal knowledge, excellent business judgment and strong analytical and drafting skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong initiative and the ability to work well on his/her on and on a variety of teams
- Strong organizational, project management and leadership skills, and the ability to handle multiple priorities
- Ability to travel as needed
Follow us on: