This job is no longer available
• Act as legal expert to team, providing knowledge of workings of legal system, analysis of complex situations, and interpretative direction into the appropriate handling and processing of complex materials as they are integrated into the content database. Peer review materials prepared by others.
• Participate in strategic plan development and execution for information design and content delivery for legal markets – bringing hands-on knowledge of user profiles, user needs, and key concepts required for metadata and taxonomy.
• Monitor changes in the regulatory and industry environment affecting primary source materials.
• Analyze complex bills, amendments and decisions. Provide interpretative direction into the appropriate handling and processing as they are integrated into the content database.
• Interpret and cut-in amendments/updates to materials as appropriate.
• Prepare analytical enrichments requiring legal expertise including topical classification, metadata assignment, integrative finding lists, and summary materials.
• Legal/professional degree or equivalent applied knowledge or experience.
• Five years of experience in the field or in a related area.
• Knowledge of Canadian court system and legislative process.
• Experience in analysis and enrichment of primary source legal materials.
Other Knowledge, Skills, Abilities or Certifications:
• Excellent organizational, communication and language skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Solid research skills.
• Demonstrated expertise in desktop publishing tools and Microsoft Office programs.
• Familiar with Content Management Systems such as Documentum and Arbortext Epic Editor (asset).
• Previous experience with information design, technical writing, adult education, or related discipline (asset).
• Able to work in a high-volume environment.
• Bilingualism (English and French) will be considered an asset.
If you possess the above qualifications, please forward your resume and cover letter indicating salary expectations to:
CCH Canadian Limited
300 – 90 Sheppard Ave. E.
Toronto, ON M2N 6X1
CCH Canadian Limited, a Wolters Kluwer Company, provides information services and application software to professionals, in both French and English. CCH is a leader in the fields of tax, tax compliance, law, financial planning, human resources, securities, business and commerce.
CCH Canadian Limited is committed to employment diversity and equal opportunity for all individuals.