This job is no longer available
Legal Counsel, Project Legal
Position code: AFP-LC-Jun 12
Location: 777 Bay Street, Toronto
Infrastructure Ontario (IO) is a crown corporation that plays a critical role in supporting the Ontario government to modernize and maximize the value of public infrastructure and real estate, manage government facilities, and finance the renewal of the province’s public infrastructure. IO is known for its collegiality, challenging and professional work environment, and performance-based culture and has been recognized as one of the Best Places to Work.
The Project Legal team is the hub for the initiation, development, management, and execution of legal issues, project agreements, and other contractual matters related to Alternative Financing and Procurement (AFP) projects. The Project Legal team works closely with Procurement, Project Delivery, and Project Finance teams to assist in balancing legal risks with effective solution-oriented delivery. As part of the Project Legal Team, you will provide legal guidance, advice and service on matters pertaining to large, complex, infrastructure projects in order to minimize legal risks associated with project implementation.
We are looking for a professional who has:
- a university degree in Law and a membership in good standing with the Law Society of Upper Canada,
- a minimum of 2 years of experience practicing law in the areas of corporate, commercial, real estate, finance, project finance, and/or construction law,
- strong negotiation skills to ensure positive outcomes,
- solid analytical skills in order to find positive solutions to complex issues, and
- excellent communications and interpersonal skills in order to function effectively as a team member, communicate complex legal issues in a clear manner to non-legal audiences, and effectively represent Infrastructure Ontario in a variety of forums.
If you are interested in this opportunity, meet the above requirements, and a self-starter able to manage multiple priorities and work within the complexity of an evolving organization, forward your resume by 5 pm on July 02, 2012 to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference AFP-LC-Jun 12 in the subject line.
To learn more about the role of Legal Counsel position, our culture, and work environment, visit http://www.infrastructureontario.ca/templates/JoinOurTeam.aspx.