This job is no longer available
Acuren is currently seeking a Contracts Manager to ensure that contracts are written and executed in accordance with the corporate risk management policy. The successful applicant will work with senior management and will be responsible for all aspects of contracts including management of contract development, contractual negotiations, contract maintenance, commercial leases, participation in mergers and acquisition. This role acts as the liaison between senior management, counsel and insurance providers.
This position can be based can be based in either our Sherwood Park Alberta or Oakville Ontarion office.
Primary responsibilities include:
· Ensure that all contracts are executed and on file.
· Ensure that Corporate Risk Management Policy is adhered to.
· Inspect and audit the centralized contract management system.
· Report any contract issues, outstanding contract items, and any other areas of concern pertaining to risk or legal issues.
· Review and negotiation of other commercial legal instruments including leases, licensing agreements, purchase agreements, and RFP terms.
· Assistance with corporate insurance program management including preparation of insurance renewal information.
· Handling of insurance claims and requesting certificates of insurance.
· Participation in mergers and acquisition processes.
What you will bring:
· Bachelor’s degree in business, law or related subject area.
· Understanding of commercial terms and conditions specific to contract language.
· 5 years contract administration with a preference for industrial contracts experience.
· Demonstrated ability to effectively manage time and ensure deadlines are met.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
· Proficient at working independently and in collaborative settings with strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Superior English competency is required in this region along with strong oral and written communication skills.
· Self-motivated and capable of working at a high level of performance.
Acuren is a nondestructive testing, inspection and engineering firm focused on supporting mechanical integrity and inspection programs for clients in the Petrochemical, Refinery, Pipeline, Pulp & Paper, Power Generation, Pharmaceutical, Aerospace, and Automotive industries. We have over 3,000 skilled employees and a network of 90 local offices across North America dedicated to supporting our client’s inspection needs.
What we offer:
We offer work in a fast-paced, growing company with potential for career advancement, personal development and growth. Along with challenging learning opportunities, you will find competitive compensation, a comprehensive health and welfare plan (medical, dental, STD, LTD, and life insurance), paid vacation and sick leave, tuition reimbursement and a company RRSP or Union Pension Plan. We believe in “A Higher Level of Reliability” in everything we do. For our employees, this means providing a safe and respectful workplace and a steady job with opportunities to learn and grow.
We Support an Equal Opportunity Workplace:
Acuren supports a diverse workforce and is a member of the Federal Contractors Program for Employment Equity. Consideration for employment is based upon capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established by law. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. Work permits may be secured for qualified candidates.
Prospective employees must be able to perform all tasks as detailed on the complete Job Description; be Fit for Duty at all times; be able to comply with our Fleet Safety Program; and comply with the Canadian Model for Providing a Safe Workplace which includes alcohol and drug testing under the following circumstances: site pre-access testing; post-accident testing; reasonable suspicion testing; site random testing; and post rehabilitation testing.
If you are interested in this employment opportunity, please visit our website at www.acuren.com and go to the Careers tab. Follow the Careers Opportunity link and use the keyword search “Contract Manager.” To apply, please submit your resume online.
Thank you, we appreciate your interest in a career at Acuren; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further information. Agency services are not required at this time.