This job is no longer available
AmerisourceBergen Canada continues to grow and is currently seeking to add a Legal Counsel to its Burlington head office. Reporting to the Company’s Chief Canadian Counsel, Legal Counsel will assist in the legal oversight of the Company’s various business units and their activities. The role requires a resourceful, thoughtful and proactive professional and will involve liaising with management, employees, Corporate Legal Counsel, and external law firms. Specific duties include reviewing and negotiating various contracts, legal review of patient programs, identifying and managing risk, and providing legal solutions tailored to both the day-to-day needs and entrepreneurial activities of the Company. The ideal candidate will have 2 to 3 years of corporate/commercial law experience, preferably gained in a top tier law firm or the healthcare sector, and a regulatory law or compliance background. French-English bilingualism, technological savvy, and a great sense of humour will be considered definite assets.
- Prepares and examines contracts involving key items such as patient assistance programs; consent and privacy issues; pharmaceutical procurement, warehousing, distribution and sales; leases; licenses; and insurance. Reviews, negotiates and drafts such contracts to enable the Company to meet its objectives while mitigating risk and ensuring all other legal issues are addressed.
- Keeps management informed about the impact of legislative, judicial, and regulatory developments affecting the policies and operations of the Company.
- Anticipates and guards against legal risks involving the Company.
- Represents the Company in litigation and other dispute resolution proceedings and before various governmental agencies.
- Liaises and manages external law firms.
- Reviews and approves advertising copy and public statements from a legal perspective.
- Provides legal advice to the organization with respect to corporate governance, regulatory law and compliance, contract law, and employment matters
- Develops workflow processes to ensure the Company is complying with contractual deliverables and obligations.
- Works closely with executives and key associates of the Company and its subsidiaries on all matters relating to legal affairs.
- Provides legal leadership in business development and strategic planning meetings to ensure that the Company’s partnerships, activities and business initiatives promote mutual success, with unquestioned integrity and in legal compliance.
- Law Degree from an accredited Law School and admitted into the Provincial Bar of a common law jurisdiction.
- Minimum 2-3 years experience as Legal Counsel in a corporate/commercial law
- Ability to provide business-focused legal solutions.
- Knowledge of field's concepts, practices and legal procedures .
- Strong contract drafting skills and negotiations experience.
- Working knowledge of corporate law, litigation procedures, competition law, and Health Canada’s regulations
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Strong interpersonal skills at all levels
- Strong assessment skills and ability to resolve complex issues effectively.
- Strong influencing, consulting and negotiating skills.
- Effective time management, multitasking, organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of legal trends.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology or Healthcare industry experience will be considered an asset.
- French-English bilingualism will be considered an asset.
How to Apply:
Send an updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org; please reference in the Subject Line: ABCC-LC-BURL
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
AmerisourceBergen Canada is an equal opportunity employer.