This job is no longer available
Do you have a legal background in EmploymentLlabour law, or a strong background in Employee Relations and Employment matters and are looking for a related opportunity outside of private practice?
Then this is the opportunity for you!
Our client, a reputable a federally regulated trust company offering sophisticated financial solutions to Financial Professionals in various business across Canada, is seeking to add an Employee Relations Advisor to their Toronto based HR team.
Working with the HR department and reporting to the Senior Manager of Human Resources, the successful candidate will advise on a variety of employee relations matters, while ensuring compliance to applicable and relevant employment legislation.
The role involves:
- Advising Managers on employee relations matters, including:
o performance management,
o attendance management,
o disability management,
o conflict management, progressive discipline, & termination and
o day-to-day employee relations issues
- Providing overall employee relations support to staff inquiries regarding various policies and procedures
- Fielding, investigating and resolving employee issues, concerns and complaints
- Developing policies and programs related to Human Resources
- Interpreting and analyzing HR policies, procedures and making recommendations
- Interpreting and applying relevant employment legislation based on new legislation or emerging case law, and mitigating organizational risk
- Monitoring changes in employment legislation and recommending policy changes as needed to ensure that all employee relation polices, processes and procedures are up-to-date and accurate
- Drafting and formulating relevant correspondence within the realm of employee relations and/or human resources e.g. Disability provider, legal representatives
- Facilitating, maintaining and monitoring ‘return to work’ discussions and ongoing matters to support claims management program
- Tracking and maintaining employee relations metrics and reporting
- Evaluating the efficiency of HR and/or employee relations programs
- Participating and providing input into Human Resources strategic plans and ensuring successful implementation
- Providing support and/or involvement on committees and projects, as required
You are the ideal Candidate if you have:
- A University Degree in a related field AND 4-6 years of employee relations experience
- (Law degree would be highly desired but is not required)
- CHRP designation is an asset
- Strong working knowledge of employment standards and human rights legislation, variances by provinces and its application in a business context
- Knowledge and understanding of the Canada Labour Code
- Skilled in dealing with workplace behaviour issues and practises
- Highly developed investigative and analytical skills to identify issues, write reports and make recommendations
- Ability to informally coach and mentor individuals at all levels and influence as appropriate to ensure successful outcomes
- Action oriented individual who demonstrates high accountability, sound judgment and decision making abilities
- Knowledge of and demonstrates ability in core competences including customer services decision making, negotiation, problem solving and adaptability
- Bilingual in French and English would be an asset
If this describes you, and you are interested in joining a high quality teamwork environment with a reputable financial institution, send us your details!