This job is no longer available
Our client, a leading insurance company in Canada and the US is looking for a Casualty Claims Specialist (7-10 years experience) for their Montreal Office.
Known for their excellent reputation, financial strength and amazing employment opportunities, this role will allow you to grow your skills and further your career as a sophisticated Claims Specialist in a supportive team-based environment.
As a Claims Specialist (Casualty), the successful individual will be working closely with the Team Leader, Claims to investigate, analyze, evaluate and adjust claims including General Liability, Complex Automobile Bodily Injury and (some Property) Claims.
Your responsibilities will include:
· Investigation, analysis, evaluation and adjustment of a wide variety of highly complex Casualty Claim files
· Quickly becoming acclimatized with all the operational policies, procedures, workflow and performance standards in order to comply with all regulatory and customer service standards
· Preparing reports to management accurately reflecting loss development, potential/actual financial exposure, coverage issues and claim and recovery strategies
· Identify salvage opportunities and coordinate associated recovery efforts
· Maintaining accurate and organized claim files and accurately inputting all data into the claims computer system
· Complying with all claim documentation standards
· Retaining, monitoring, managing and approving payments to outside counsel and consultants while providing exceptional and professional services to clients
· Managing vendors and controlling expenses
· Advanced negotiating skills and strategies
· Mentoring junior level claims people
· Continuous education in connection with the company’s products, the market place, relevant case law and statutes
In order to qualify for the job, the candidate:
· A MINIMUM of 8 years relevant claims handling experience with a focus on casualty claims files, including large liability losses
· MUST have a CURRENT LICENSE in AUTORITE DES MARCHES FINANCIERS. The license must be 5a or 5b (REQUIRED)
· Post Secondary Education
· Significant Experience reviewing litigation files (including medication and settlement meetings), project management
· Must be Fluent in both French and English
· Strong Computer Skills – Microsoft Office
· Ability to Travel 10% of the time, with little advanced notice